INFUSE® Bone Graft promotes natural bone growth to give you long-term implant success.
Rebuilding bone lost due to trauma, periodontal disease, early tooth loss is easier than before. We no longer need to use your own bone and subject you to a second surgical site due to newer bone grafting technologies such as this product described below. We are better able to grow bone in sites once thought not predictable with the newer growth factors available. Ask us if this is a good choice for you so you can have dental implants and permanently replace teeth or stabilize a loose denture
How INFUSE® Bone Graft works
The active component of INFUSE® Bone Graft – rhBMP-2- is a recombinantly-produced form of a signaling protein naturally occurring in the human body. This particular protein has been proven to be an important element in the body’s own bone-healing cascade, inducing cells to form biologic bone via osteoinduction.
The rhBMP-2 mechanism of action initiates the body’s own bone-healing cascade:
- INFUSE® Bone Graft is implanted in the surgical site.
- Chemotaxis, or attraction of mesenchymal stem cells to the site, occurs.
- Mesenchymal stem cells proliferate, or increase rapidly in number, at the site due to the presence of rhBMP-2, supported by increased angiogenesis at the site.
- Mesenchymal stem cells differentiate, or begin to change from stem cells to osteoblast cells, due to the binding of rhBMP-2 molecules to cell-surface receptors on the stem cells.
- Bone tissue begins to form around the osteoblasts, and it goes on to mineralize and mature as normal anatomic bone does.
- Mechanical forces on the mineralized bone tissue cause the new bone created in the rhBMP-2 implantation site to continuously remodel, just as normal physiologic bone would be expected to respond